Key Medical Publications
The following papers are available free of charge with open access to anyone in the world. The TSC Alliance encourages sharing these links, or a link to this page (tscalliance.org/consensus) with healthcare providers. Any future updates to these recommendations will also be posted on this page.
Updated 2021 clinical consensus guidelines
- Northrup H et al. Updated International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Diagnostic Criteria and Surveillance and Management Recommendations, Pediatric Neurology (August 2021).
- Stuart C et al. Beyond the Guidelines: How We Can Improve Healthcare for People with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Around the World, Pediatric Neurology (August 2021).
Updated TAND clinical consensus guidelines
- de Vries et al. International consensus recommendations for the identification and treatment of tuberous sclerosis complex-associated neuropsychiatric disorders (TAND), Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders (September 2023).
Papers published following the 2012 International TSC Consensus Conference
- Northrup H et al. Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Diagnostic Criteria Update: Recommendations of the 2012 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Conference, Pediatric Neurology (October 2013)
- Krueger DA et al. Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Surveillance and Management: Recommendations of the 2012 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Conference, Pediatric Neurology (October 2013)
- Roth J et al. Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma: Diagnosis, Screening, and Treatment. Recommendations From the International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Conference 2012, Pediatric Neurology (December 2013)
- Leclezio L et al. Pilot Validation of the Tuberous Sclerosis-Associated Neuropsychiatric Disorders (TAND) Checklist, Pediatric Neurology (January 2015)
- deVries PJ et al. Tuberous Sclerosis Associated Neuropsychiatric Disorders (TAND) and the TAND Checklist, Pediatric Neurology (January 2015)
- Hinton RB et al. Cardiovascular manifestations of tuberous sclerosis complex and summary of the revised diagnostic criteria and surveillance and management recommendations from the international tuberous sclerosis consensus group, Journal of the American Heart Association (November 2014).
- Teng JMC et al. Dermatologic and Dental Aspects of the 2012 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Statements, JAMA Dermatology (October 2014)