The TSC Alliance recognizes parents and young adults often face many difficulties regarding educational and school-related issues. This section of our website was developed to help families and individuals successfully navigate through the educational system.
The TSC Alliance is proud to manage an incredible group of volunteers who provide local resources in most US states and staff who can provide guidance on education issues and training for local school districts on how learning is unique for people with tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). If you would like help navigating educational resources for someone with tsc, please begin by completing the below intake form. We are committed to responding to all requests within 48 hours on business days.
CLICK TO BEGIN: TSC ALLIANCE IEP INTAKE FORM
If you have questions, please call Shelly Meitzler, Community Program Manager East, at (800) 225-6872 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Educator Mentor Program (EMP) was developed to support school systems in understanding the learning needs of children with TSC. The EMP includes administrators, therapists, physiologists, and teachers from pre-kindergarten to college level having experience with TSC. They provide one-on-one support to any professional in the school system needing education and support in understanding the educational complexities of TSC. For more information contact Shelly Meitzler at email@example.com or (800) 225-6872.
Elementary through High School Resources
- Book of Sample Letters to Build a Paper Trail in Special Education
- TSC-Associated Neuropsychiatric Disorders (TAND) and Education — For Educators
- School Issues: Frequently Asked Questions
- Early Intervention and Transition to School Age
- Understanding the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act: Your Rights as a Parent
- The Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process
- How to Prepare for an IEP Meeting
- Teacher’s Guide: Educating a Child with TSC
- Smart Communication — From a Parent’s Perspective, Written by Jane Schoenfeld
- Behavioral Issues and TSC
Other Elementary through High School Resources
List of Parent Training and Information Centers in the United States
- Find Your Parenting Center
- Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities
- IEP Goals and Objectives Bank
- IDEA Partnership
- Building the Legacy: A Training Curriculum for IDEA 2004
Transition and College Resources
- Transition Planning for After High School
- What College Professors Need to Know About Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
- What Is Section 504?
Other Transition and College Resources
- Transition to Adulthood Guidelines for Individuals with ASD
- College Options for Students with Disabilities
- How to Get into Graduate School
- Accredited Schools Online: College Accreditation Guidebook
- Research College and University Scholarship Information
- Scholarship Guide for Students with Disabilities
- College Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Medicaid Waivers and Demonstrations by State
Disclaimer: The information in this area of the website does not constitute legal advice. It is solely for informational and educational purposes. It is not intended to be a legal recommendation, nor should it substitute for obtaining legal counsel from your own attorney.