The Bcureful Travel Fund® at the TSC Alliance underwrites the TSC Travel and Lodging Patient Assistance Program, which is administered by the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD).
This travel assistance program provides people diagnosed with TSC with financial assistance for travel and lodging through two mechanisms:
- The TSC Clinic Travel Assistance program provides financial assistance for travel and lodging expenses associated with care and treatment at a TSC Alliance-recognized Center of Excellence or TSC Clinic.
- The Research Study Participation Travel Assistance Program provides financial assistance for travel and lodging related to participation in a TSC Alliance recognized investigator-driven TSC research study.
Learn more about each program by clicking the links above to download a flyer with additional information and eligibility requirements.
What kinds of assistance are available?
- Airfare is available for the patient and one caregiver with a 3-hour or greater driving distance from study or treatment site. Travel arrangements are scheduled and prepaid.
- Hotel is available for participants with a 3-hour or greater driving distance from study or treatment site. Hotel stay will be booked and prepaid (not to exceed $200 plus tax/night).
- Ground transportation between the airport and hotel and/or to the study site will also be a covered expense up to $50 per trip.
- Hospital/clinic parking up to $50 per trip will be reimbursed with the submission of receipt.
- Mileage reimbursement at the current IRS rate will be reimbursed for those participants who are traveling by car and not utilizing airfare assistance.
Is there a limit to the financial awards available in these programs?
Assistance to participant cannot exceed $2,500 in a calendar year.
How can I apply?
For more information and to apply for assistance, contact the Travel & Lodging Assistance Program Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 6 pm ET:
Phone: (203) 616-4320
Mail: NORD, Attn: TSC Bcureful Travel Program, 7 Kenosia Avenue, Danbury, CT 06810