Register Today for the 2023 International TSC Research Conference
Registration is now open for the 2023 International TSC Research Conference: Fueling the Future, hosted by the TSC Alliance September 7-9, 2023 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC. The conference will focus on structured, collaborative discussions on groundbreaking research topics. See a tentative agenda.
- Shafali Spurling Jeste, MD, Chief, Division of Neurology, Co-Director, Neurological Institute, Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- Rebecca Ihrie, PhD, Associate Professor Cell & Developmental Biology and Neurological Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Early Career Researcher Symposium Co-Chairs
- Nicole McDonald, PhD, Assistant Clinical Professor, UCLA Semel Institute
- Uchenna John Unachukwu, PhD, Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University Medical Center
Organizing Committee Members
- Jamie K. Capal, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Laura Farach, MD, Associate Professor, Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Zoë Fuchs, Manager, Translational Research, TSC Alliance
- Gina Lee, PhD, Assistant Professor, Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UC Irvine School of Medicine
- Carmen Priolo, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Tracee Ridley-Pryor, DNP PMHNP-BC, Psychiatric Mental-Health Nurse Practitioner, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Steven L. Roberds, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, TSC Alliance
- Kari Luther Rosbeck, President & CEO, TSC Alliance
- Katie Smith, Director, Government & Global Affairs, TSC Alliance
- Daniel Vogt, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Human Development, Michigan State Universityt
- Oded Volovelsky, MD, PhD, Pediatric Nephrology Unit Head, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center
- Anne Wolfe, Senior Manager, Strategic Projects, TSC Alliance
- Jane Yu, PhD, Professor, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, University of Cincinnati
In addition, the conference will provide a platform for early-career researchers to present, share, and network with senior investigators.
Research Conference Abstracts Due June 12
The 2023 International TSC Research Conference Organizing Committee will accept abstracts through a specific Proposal Central portal. We invite you to submit an abstract for consideration for the following opportunities. Authors may request an abstract be considered only for a talk, only for a poster, or for both opportunities. If an author asks to be considered for both, the Organizing Committee will first consider the abstract for a talk and then assign it as a poster if not selected as a talk.
- 10-minute talk during the main meeting (September 7-9)
- Poster (evening of September 8)
Early-Career Researchers Only
- 10-minute talk during the Early-Career Researcher Symposium (morning of September 7)
- Vicky H. Whittemore Travel Award (up to USD 1,500)
The deadline for abstract submission is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, June 12, 2023.
Interested in sponsoring the conference? Download the 2023 International TSC Research Conference Prospectus or contact Ryan Beebe for more information about partnering opportunities.
Thank You for Attending the 2021 Virtual International TSC & LAM Research Conference: Driving Discoveries Beyond Boundaries
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2021 Virtual International TSC & LAM Conference: Driving Discoveries Beyond Boundaries, presented by Greenwich Biosciences and the Rothberg Institute of Childhood Diseases and co-hosted by the TSC Alliance® and The LAM Foundation.
If you are interested in viewing recorded sessions, please contact Zoë Fuchs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the conference program book.
Thank You for Making the 2019 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Conference: Changing the Course of TSC a Huge Success!
June 20-22, 2019 | Toronto, ON
Thank you all for an informative and productive 2019 conference! Be sure to download the electronic version of the 2019 program book.
Please subscribe to TSC Alert for the latest updates on future meetings and research opportunities.
Congratulations to the 2019 Manuel R. Gomez Award Recipient, Darcy A. Krueger, MD, PhD!
Dr. Krueger is the Director of the Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic and Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Neurology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. He also serves on the TSC Alliance Professional Advisory Board and Board of Directors. With Hope Northrup, MD, he convened the 2012 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Consensus Conference, which resulted in guidelines for both diagnosis and surveillance and management of TSC.
Past Research Conferences
- 2017 International Research Conference on TSC and LAM: Innovating Through Partnerships (Washington, DC, USA)
- Program book
- Slides for Dr. James P. Kiley’s remarks during the conference opening dinner
- 2015 International Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Conference: From Treatment to Prevention (Windsor, UK)