Early-Stage Investigator Research Grants & Postdoctoral Fellowships
The TSC Alliance is dedicated to finding a cure for tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) while improving the lives of those affected. We invest in early-career researchers to drive innovative TSC research and to foster a diverse group of researchers dedicated to our shared mission. In 2023, we anticipate awarding three or four awards to postdoctoral fellows and early-stage investigators depending on merit, requested budgets, and funds available.
Download the 2023 Program Guidelines for a full summary of funding opportunities, eligibility criteria and instructions on how to apply.
The TSC Alliance’s program follows a two-step process. A Letter of Intent (LOI) is required and must be submitted by the due date below. LOIs will be peer-reviewed, and a subset of applicants submitting LOIs will be invited to submit full applications.
|Step in process||Due Date|
|LOI due||Monday, May 1|
|Full proposal invitations distributed||Week of June 5|
|Full proposal due (by invitation only)||Monday, August 7|
|Notification of award||Week of October 20|
Important changes implemented in recent cycles
- Efforts to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion of traditionally underrepresented groups in TSC research (for example, see Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity, although not all underrepresented populations listed by NIH may be underrepresented in TSC research)
- The TSC Alliance will work diligently to diversify applications by actively seeking and increasing applications from institutions and researchers underrepresented in TSC research.
- To measure our progress, applicants will be asked to voluntarily provide information on race, ethnicity, and gender via the Professional Profile in ProposalCentral. This information will be used internally by TSC Alliance and will not be shared with peer reviewers.
- Emphasis on mentorship and anticipated impact of receiving a Postdoctoral Fellowship on the applicant’s career plans
- Limitations on eligibility:
- Applicants for either a Postdoctoral Fellowship or a Research Grant must fit the NIH definition of an early-stage investigator.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants must have been a member of the Sponsor’s laboratory for at least 12 months as of the Letter of Intent (LOI) due date.
- Previous recipients of a TSC Alliance Postdoctoral Fellowship are not eligible to receive a second TSC Alliance Postdoctoral Fellowship award but are eligible to receive a Research Grant as an independent, early-stage investigator.
Questions? Contact Zoë Fuchs, Manager, Translational Research at email@example.com.