TSC Biosample Seed Grants Available
The TSC Alliance announces a funding opportunity for 2022 Biosample Seed Grants to support research using blood, tissue, and/or cells, DNA, or RNA isolated from samples in the TSC Biosample Repository. The award may support laboratory supplies, personnel costs, services, or equipment necessary to conduct the proposed research. Funds requested can be up to $20,000. Funding period is one year.
The TSC Biosample Repository houses human biological materials linked to detailed clinical data in the TSC Natural History Database. High-quality biosamples and their associated clinical data enable researchers to discover biomarkers, establish human cell lines or tissue arrays for drug testing, and search for clues to understand why TSC is so different from person to person.
- To build the dataset associated with each biosample and avoid duplication of work in the future, applicants will be required to share data generated on each sample back to the TSC Biosample Repository.
- Data can be embargoed for a period of time to be defined in the Material Transfer Agreement to provide time to publish, protect intellectual property, etc.
- This opportunity is open to all investigators at established academic or research institutions worldwide.
- Researchers at start-up pharmaceutical or biotech companies are eligible if they are unable to utilize TSC biosamples in absence of seed funding.
- Researchers residing in the United States need not be U.S. citizens to apply.
- We welcome applications from tenure-track faculty or equivalent, non-tenure-track faculty, and postdoctoral (PhD or MD) fellows.
How to Apply
Download the instructions and application below. Compile all application components into a single PDF file and email completed application to Gabrielle Rushing, PhD, at email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11 pm Eastern (US/Canada) on Friday, October 28, 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by Monday, November 21, 2022.
Please contact Gabrielle Rushing, PhD (email@example.com) with any questions.